Mountain Course at Lake Placid Club Resort Ratings & Reviews
about 2 months ago
The Lake Placid Club is home to two championship layouts, the Links and Mountain courses. Both are well-rated and popular courses. The Links is a tree-lined and open parkland course, with several holes exuding a British links-style character. It is a layout that should not disappoint, with many attractive features and several excellent holes to enjoy.
8 months ago
at max mediocre golf for a stiff green fee
the best what you get for 80$ is the view into the valley of lake placid. but the golf is at best mediocre. the fairway was 90% good to play. if i happend to be on the other 10%, i took the freedom of moving the ball to a better spot. the grass on the greens was very good – but most of the greens are flat like a pan but with a tricky slope just in one direction. either you get the curve right and hit the hole or your ball goes down the slope, no chance to stop it. putting was more miniature golf than real golf. to me a complete joke.
bunkers are mediocre with hard sand.
hole no 15 (par 3) is a nuisance. you can't see neither the green nor the flag and you can't measure the distance. i can live with blind shots, but this is a unique stupidness. same problem with no. 16 and 17, but to less extend.
i learned, that many walk the course, and it's walkable. but you have to pay the electric cart anyway. to me a no go.
i could add on more, but i give it a stop here...
conclusion: avoid !